Prep time: 25 minutes
¼ C blanched almond flour
1 Tbsp ground oatmeal
1 tsp ground chia seeds
1 tsp ground flaxseeds
¼ tsp baking soda
2 medium eggs
2 Tbsp almond cocoa spread
*Alternative to commercial almond cocoa spread: 2 plain almond butter + 1 tsp of cocoa powder + 1 Tbsp mashed banana
- Pre-heat oven at 350°
- Mix egg and almond cocoa spread until thoroughly combined.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Place on mini-muffin tins (I used Easy Flex 6-Cavity Mini Silicone Muffin Pan) and bake for 22 minutes.
Nutrition Facts per serving (1 muffin)
Total Fat 4.8g
Saturated Fat 0.7g
Total Carb 4.2g
Dietary Fiber 0.9g
- Ideal for those following a gluten-free diet.
- Great source of fiber and “good” fats that promote healthy heart and healthy brain.
- How to choose an almond butter: avoid added ingredients such as canola oil, sunflower oil, or peanut oil, and other preservatives. Ideally, you want almond butter that contains only almonds, although some added sea salt is fine for taste.