Portions: 9, serves 3
Prep time: 15 minutes
2 medium bananas, ripe
2 large eggs
½ cup rolled oats
½ tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp ground flaxseeds
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Mash the bananas and mix the remaining ingredients.
- Let the batter stand for 10 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium-low heat. If your food regularly sticks a bit to your non-stick pan, spread 1 tsp of coconut oil in the pan.
- Pour the batter into the pan, will make about 9 pancakes about 3-4 inches across. Turn until golden brown once for each side.
- Top with fresh fruits.
Nutrition Facts per serving (136 g)
Total Fat 5.8g
Saturated Fat 1.4g
Total Carb 36.1g
Dietary Fiber 5.4g
- Good source of fiber.
- Bananas contain high amounts of rutin, a compound that completes vitamin C activity and helps maintain strong, flexible blood vessels. Have high potassium content, which helps reduce health risks and strokes caused by high blood pressure.