Yields: 16 bars
1 large ripe banana (mashed) or ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
4 Tbsp natural creamy almond butter (or any other nut butter of our choice)
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp extra virging coconut oil, melted
1 large egg
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
1½ C rolled oats
¼ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
½ C unsweetened coconut flakes
⅓ C semi-sweet chocolate chips (Enjoy Life! Brand for vegan/dairy-free) or chopped walnuts
- Grease an 8-in square baking pan or line with parchment paper, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all the wet ingredients in a bowl and whisk until well incorporated, then add the remaining dry ingredients.
- Fold in the extras and pour mixture into baking pan, smooth into an even layer.
- Bake for 20 or until just lightly golden around the edges.
- Let cool for about 30 minutes, cut into squares and store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up-to 1 week.
*Recipe adapted from Beaming Baker
Nutrition Facts per serving (39)g
Fat Calories: 72.3
Total Fat: 8.2g
Saturated Fat: 4.8g
Total Carb: 15.2g
Dietary Fiber: 2.9g