4 slices of sprouted wheat bread or gluten-free bread
4 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp powder stevia
Optional: additional fruit
Prep time: 10 minutes
- Mix eggs, vanilla and almond milk in a shallow bowl. On a separate shallow bowl, mix stevia and cinnamon.
- Heat nonstick griddle or nonstick skillet over medium heat, grease with coconut oil.
- Dip the bread into the liquid mixture, on both sides, letting the bread soak up the mixture.
- Place on griddle. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and coat on both sides with the stevia and cinnamon mixture.
- Serve each slice with your favorite fruit.
Nutrition Facts per serving (2 slices)
Total Fat 3.8g
Saturated Fat 2g
Total Carb 33.1g
Dietary Fiber 6.8g