Yields: 6 servings (wedges)
Ingredientsfor the crust:
1 C blanched almond flour (almond meal)
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
3 Tbsp avocado oil
1-2 Tbsp of water as needed
Ingredients for the quiche:
5 eggs, lightly beaten
½ C unsweetened coconut milk
1 cup of chopped raw kale and/or spinach
½ C cherry tomatoes, cut in half
½ C artichoke hearts in water, drained
¼ C chopped chives
salt and pepper to taste
For the crust:
- Pre-heat oven at 350F.
- Combine in a large bowl the dry ingredients then gradually stream the avocado oil as you mix with your hands until the dough comes together. You can add 1 or 2 Tbsp of water as needed to hold the dough together or until it no longer sticks to your hands.
- Place the dough to a 9-inch glass pie dish and press until it covers the bottom and some of the sides.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the dough is golden brown, let cool completely before adding the quiche filling.
For the quiche:
- Mix all the ingredients and pour into the cooked crust.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the center is set.
- You can replace the veggies for any of your favorite!
Nutrition Facts per serving (127)g
Total Fat 29.6g
Saturated Fat 3.5g
Total Carb 11.6g