Yields: 16 servings
1 C of dry old fashioned oats
1 Tbsp coconut oil (I like it for the taste, but you can replace with avocado oil for a healthier alternative)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 Tbsp honey
¼ C chopped walnuts or sliced almonds
Optional add-ins: ground flaxseeds, chia seeds, dried coconut flakes, dried fruit.
- Pre-heat a heavy skillet (cast iron is ideal) over medium heat.
- Add coconut oil and once liquid incorporate all the ingredients except the honey.
- Cook, stirring often, for about 3 minutes and then add the honey.
- Cook for additional 2-3 minutes or until granola is toasted and golden.
- Optional: let it cool before mixing with add-ins.
Nutrition Facts per serving (9g or 1 Tbsp)
Fat Calories: 10.8
Total Fat 1.2g
Saturated Fat 0.9g
Total Carb 5.6g
Dietary Fiber 0.6g